Vice President for Strategic Engagement
The iGIANT™ (impact of Gender/Sex on Innovation and Novel Technologies), a rapidly growing nonprofit organization, is looking for an innovative, energetic Vice President for Strategic Engagement. iGIANT was formed to improve the safety and quality of life, including work performance, for men and women by accelerating the translation of research into gender/sex-specific design elements such as programs, products, policies, and protocols. The iGIANT supports the development of roundtables, summits, challenges/prizes, scholarships, and a seal of approval for design elements in the health, IT, retail, and transportation sectors. The VP, reporting directly to the President of iGIANT, will be responsible for program development, fundraising and public and private sector outreach. If you have interest in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Saralyn Mark at email@example.com.
• Do you have a passion to improve the safety and quality of life for men and women?
• Do you have experience bringing organizations from the startup phase to the next level?
• Are you familiar with fundraising in the nonprofit sector?
If your answer to these questions is YES, then iGIANT is precisely the opportunity for you!
This is an opportunity to build something truly special. To get in on the ground floor of a movement. To work with a group of dedicated professionals as we take ourselves to the next level.
This requires three things most of all: time, flexibility and dedication:
• Time - because building something extraordinary takes more than a few hours a month.
• Flexibility - because in a startup organization one will be asked to wear many hats.
• Dedication - because doing great things means enduring hardships and persevering.
Note: This position is envisioned as being self-directed with a time commitment of approximately 20+ hours/month. If you already are working overtime every week, it will be difficult to give this position the attention it requires. The more time you are able to put into it, the more successful we will be together.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop and oversee realistic fundraising plans, coordinating the fundraising efforts to take iGIANT to the next level.
• Develop and assist with programs such as roundtables, summits, and challenge competitions.
• Develop and assist with social media outreach which may include basic web support.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An entrepreneurial spirit and have a hunger and desire to take iGIANT to the next level.
• The capability to confidently fundraise in both traditional and creative ways.
• A Master’s Degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a related field is required.
• Proven Project Management experience and knowledge is required, including the understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project .management.
• Understanding of project delivery within a fast-paced environment is required.
• The ability to successfully manage multiple programs, scope projects and create workable project plans is required.
• Experience in the preparation of strategic and operational plans is required.
• Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment and assertiveness is required
• Excellent communications skills.
• Experience in remotely working through internet-based communication.