Interested in building skills in communication and development? Are you looking to boost your resume after graduation or time away from the workforce and put your knowledge to the test? Consider working with the iGIANT™ (impact of Gender/Sex on Innovation and Novel Technologies). Contribute to the iGIANT nonprofit and participate in meaningful work that has tangible outcomes. iGIANT Scholars-in-Residence are directly integrated into iGIANT operations and serve a crucial role in interacting with senior officials in government, academia, industry and non-governmental organizations as well as the media. These positions are part-time (4-8 hours/week) and will commence immediately, work remotely, and may continue further depending on mutual interest and satisfactory performance. These positions may qualify for merit awards based upon accomplishments and duration of commitment to the iGIANT.
The iGIANT was initially designed at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy. This program became a nonprofit in 2016. The iGIANT mission is to accelerate the translation of research into gender/sex-related design elements such as programs, products, protocols and policies for the health, IT, transportation and retail sectors. Through roundtables, summits, innovation prizes, scholarships and a seal of approval for design elements, the iGIANT can improve the safety and quality of life, including work performance, for men and women around the globe and beyond.
- Conduct research and submit proposals for new partnerships with foundations, organizations, agencies, and corporations.
- Assist with fundraising.
- Research grant opportunities and assist with applications.
- Update an iGIANT website which encourages participation.
- Co-author articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Help develop and participate in roundtables and summits with stakeholders, challenge competitions and other activities.
-Develop presentation slides and other marketing tools including blogs.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of computer software packages, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Candidate must have an undergraduate degree.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, enjoys writing and editing original work.
- Strong people skills- enjoys talking on the phone and networking.
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple deadlines.
- Self-motivator who can work both independently and in groups; high commitment to team.
- Commitment to the iGIANT mission.
- Quick learner - Professional demeanor, conversation style, and personal presentation.
- Flexibility, reliability and dependability required.
- Must be detail-oriented, timely, responsible, organized, and flexible.
- Must be able to work well with leadership and output deliverables within deadlines.
- Must be able to organize one’s time well.
- Must be a self-starter since this position is off-site.
How to Apply:
-Provide a one-page resume or bio with 2 professional references.
-Provide a link to an article or blog written by the applicant within the past 12 months.
-Send to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The description is intended to provide an overview of this position and is not all inclusive. The incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. Responsibilities may change over time. The iGIANT is an equal opportunity organization.